Mikkel Metal Brone and Wait
- Words: Rachel Shimp
- Label: Echocord
Prolific producer Mikkel Meldgaard (nicknamed "Metal" for his love of hard drum & bass) releases an album per year on either Kompakt or his Copenhagen hometown's Echocord, a place for his more abstract, less melodic music. Those who've come to know Meldgaard via the former label may be surprised that his latest album is even more chilled; it nearly lacks a pulse. Brone and Wait meanders like someone living in the thick fog of a perpetual hangover. Present and past influences (dub and shoegaze, respectively) are layered throughout each composition, dancing around each other but never touching in obvious ways. Those masterful, shape-shifting atmospheres hold interest on an album that's otherwise slightly too murky and same-y.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player