Mini Audio Hygiene
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: NRG Komrads
Mini might revive the electroclash spirit of '01, but the Montreal DJ wisely avoids plenty of its "don'ts." She ditches irony-chic, instead making dirty electro that's both tuneful and intoxicated. The sputtering, clotted grooves of "Blue Velvet" burn cigarettes on skin, while "This is Now" grinds under a deft Spanish rap. Mini also translates brooding synth-pop into hazy subway atmospherics on "Wagon." However, rigor mortis-stiff ballads like "Walking" come across as tepid, Ladytron-lite misfires. Nonetheless, Audio Hygiene could've enlightened more souls if it came before Larry Tee patented that goddamn Electroclash(tm) word.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player