Mini Audio Hygiene
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: NRG Komrads
Mini might revive the electroclash spirit of '01, but the Montreal DJ wisely avoids plenty of its "don'ts." She ditches irony-chic, instead making dirty electro that's both tuneful and intoxicated. The sputtering, clotted grooves of "Blue Velvet" burn cigarettes on skin, while "This is Now" grinds under a deft Spanish rap. Mini also translates brooding synth-pop into hazy subway atmospherics on "Wagon." However, rigor mortis-stiff ballads like "Walking" come across as tepid, Ladytron-lite misfires. Nonetheless, Audio Hygiene could've enlightened more souls if it came before Larry Tee patented that goddamn Electroclash(tm) word.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player