Minotaur Shock Rinse
- Words: Dave Stenton
- Label: Melodic
Listening to the opening track of the new Minotaur Shock record, "4-6 Tops," is akin to sitting at one end of a long corridor listening to Herbie Hancock being played at the other, whilst a huge sound system in the middle spews forth clattering beats and bass booms. This avalanche of seemingly disparate sounds and influences continues unabashed throughout Rinse-which compiles the vinyl-only tracks released prior to David Edwards's 2001 debut, Chiff Chaffs And Willow Warblers. Edwards's enthusiasm for experimentation shines through. These old tracks sound good as new-even upon listening to them multiple times, you hear stuff you've never heard before-which makes Rinse stand-out all the more amidst most contemporary electronica.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player