Minotaur Shock Rinse
- Words: Dave Stenton
- Label: Melodic
Listening to the opening track of the new Minotaur Shock record, "4-6 Tops," is akin to sitting at one end of a long corridor listening to Herbie Hancock being played at the other, whilst a huge sound system in the middle spews forth clattering beats and bass booms. This avalanche of seemingly disparate sounds and influences continues unabashed throughout Rinse-which compiles the vinyl-only tracks released prior to David Edwards's 2001 debut, Chiff Chaffs And Willow Warblers. Edwards's enthusiasm for experimentation shines through. These old tracks sound good as new-even upon listening to them multiple times, you hear stuff you've never heard before-which makes Rinse stand-out all the more amidst most contemporary electronica.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player