Minotaur Shock Rinse
- Words: Dave Stenton
- Label: Melodic
Listening to the opening track of the new Minotaur Shock record, "4-6 Tops," is akin to sitting at one end of a long corridor listening to Herbie Hancock being played at the other, whilst a huge sound system in the middle spews forth clattering beats and bass booms. This avalanche of seemingly disparate sounds and influences continues unabashed throughout Rinse-which compiles the vinyl-only tracks released prior to David Edwards's 2001 debut, Chiff Chaffs And Willow Warblers. Edwards's enthusiasm for experimentation shines through. These old tracks sound good as new-even upon listening to them multiple times, you hear stuff you've never heard before-which makes Rinse stand-out all the more amidst most contemporary electronica.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player