Misc In Between
- Words: Matt Eberhart
- Label: Resopal Schallware
When a producer wakes up one morning, looks in the mirror, and muses, "I think I'll be a minimalist," we can almost always guarantee that he's been duped. The broadly sweeping word-of-the-day has grown out of control like some rather nasty backyard sumac, and as plenty of records demonstrate, too little often becomes too annoying. But when the aesthetic is as natural as two-steppin', there's never a question of quality, as in the case of Hannes Wenner and Christopher Bleckmann. They explore the basics without appearing creatively broke, and while they tie the beats to the ground with familiar restrain, it's the melodies that they slowly stretch and fold like clouds in the sky.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player