Miss Kittin Batbox
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Nobody’s Bizzness
- XLR8R Rating: 6/10
Miss Kittin has always managed to keep her own identity while collaborating with others. Her vocals helped make Felix da Housecat’s “Silver Screen Shower Scene” so memorably fantastic in 2002, and even when she worked with The Hacker, her vision of herself–coolly deadpan vocals from a tongue-in-cheek dominatrix–shone through. That makes it all the more unfortunate that this album, for all its dark electro, lacks that same strength. Batbox, as she details on her website, is supposed to be an uplifting journey through change, but ultimately that change is lacking from track to track. Even the glossy, high-quality production can’t give this album the energy to rise above the middling bar it sets for itself.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player