Miss Violetta Beauregarde Odi Profanum Vulgus Et Arceo
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Temporary Residence
Miss Violetta Beaureagarde is a one-woman wrecking ball: a sweaty, Italian mess of hip-hop, grindcore, sex, and savagery swinging straight for your face. Her latest record, the spiny Odi Profanum Vulgus Et Arceo (a Latin phrase that loosely translates to "I hate the common crowd and spurn them"), won‘t win her the attention of hyphy fans, but it might blow the mind of anyone willing to reconsider what hip-hop is, or can be. Like Peaches before her, Miss Violetta's noise-fuck beats drip with femininity. But the aggro Italian is more concerned with breaking your ears than soundtracking Last Night's Party.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player