Miss Violetta Beauregarde Odi Profanum Vulgus Et Arceo
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Temporary Residence
Miss Violetta Beaureagarde is a one-woman wrecking ball: a sweaty, Italian mess of hip-hop, grindcore, sex, and savagery swinging straight for your face. Her latest record, the spiny Odi Profanum Vulgus Et Arceo (a Latin phrase that loosely translates to "I hate the common crowd and spurn them"), won‘t win her the attention of hyphy fans, but it might blow the mind of anyone willing to reconsider what hip-hop is, or can be. Like Peaches before her, Miss Violetta's noise-fuck beats drip with femininity. But the aggro Italian is more concerned with breaking your ears than soundtracking Last Night's Party.
- PodcastBasement Jaxx
- FeatureHi-Five: Optimo Shares Five of Its Favorite Scottish Jams
- FeatureMiles Whittaker, Cabaret Voltaire, and the Venue That Stole the Spotlight: Berlin Atonal's Five Most Memorable Moments
- NewsWatch "Ashiko," a New Video from Clap! Clap!
- MP3Elder Island "The Big Unknown (Ben La Desh Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player