Mobius Band The Loving Sounds of Static
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: Ghostly International
Their creation myth (hick band moves to big city and writes about the adjustment, as laid out on their City VS Country EP) isn‘t all that fascinating but the band‘s sound is interesting enough at first to grab you, and by the last cut, "Do Wop," you‘ve heard enough glockenspiel to buy their whole spiel. You can‘t help but notice the Weezer-like sincerity of Ben Sterling‘s vocals, though Jimmy Tamborello certainly comes to mind. In fact, their Postal Service-esque combination of electronics and emo completely works-in some cases even better because they‘re not as programmed as they are fucked up, as their languid sound proves.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player