Mobius Band The Loving Sounds of Static
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: Ghostly International
Their creation myth (hick band moves to big city and writes about the adjustment, as laid out on their City VS Country EP) isn‘t all that fascinating but the band‘s sound is interesting enough at first to grab you, and by the last cut, "Do Wop," you‘ve heard enough glockenspiel to buy their whole spiel. You can‘t help but notice the Weezer-like sincerity of Ben Sterling‘s vocals, though Jimmy Tamborello certainly comes to mind. In fact, their Postal Service-esque combination of electronics and emo completely works-in some cases even better because they‘re not as programmed as they are fucked up, as their languid sound proves.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player