Mocean Worker Enter the Mowo!
- Words: Peter Nicholson
- Label: MoWo!
A lazy listen to Mocean Worker's fourth album might dismiss it as leftover acid-jazz instrumental loops over beats. There's actually much more going on here. Blues structures, guest appearances from David "Fathead" Newman and Bill Frisell, dueling flutes courtesy of Rashaan Roland Kirk, and live playing by Franck Gauthier of Rhino°eros make it clear that MoWo didn't just dash this one off. Though there are some decidedly tepid inclusions-the monotonous "Fatback" and the melodramatic "I'll Take the Woods," to name a few-Enter the MoWo! is a deftly textured take on a sound sullied by the efforts of distracted amateurs.
- FeatureLocals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- NewsDownload New Edits from Karizma
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsWatch the Wild New Video for "Tsekeleke," Nozinja's First Shangaan Electro Outing for Warp
- NewsDeadboy Streams Full Upcoming 'Return' EP for Numbers
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player