- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Violent Turd
Mash-ups are so 2002, you carp? Consider Mochipet's Combat. His gimmick is to shotgun-wed two or more artists with related names. Witness prog rockers Yes have a shouting match with Canuck punks NoMeansNo, and Johnny Cash (R.I.P.) croon over a Cash Money Millionaires beat. Fortunately, Mochipet's DSP sorcery elevates Combat above the sloppy din of the 2 Many DJs series. He has Captain Beefheart recite lysergic poetry over drill 'n' bass, and also causes a Holiday Inn-jazz cover of Aphex Twin's "Come To Daddy" to fall into an epileptic fit with the Thompson Twins. Combat proves that mash-ups are too pleasurable to be "a"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player