- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Violent Turd
Mash-ups are so 2002, you carp? Consider Mochipet's Combat. His gimmick is to shotgun-wed two or more artists with related names. Witness prog rockers Yes have a shouting match with Canuck punks NoMeansNo, and Johnny Cash (R.I.P.) croon over a Cash Money Millionaires beat. Fortunately, Mochipet's DSP sorcery elevates Combat above the sloppy din of the 2 Many DJs series. He has Captain Beefheart recite lysergic poetry over drill 'n' bass, and also causes a Holiday Inn-jazz cover of Aphex Twin's "Come To Daddy" to fall into an epileptic fit with the Thompson Twins. Combat proves that mash-ups are too pleasurable to be "a"
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- NewsAndy Stott Preps New LP for Modern Love; Hear a Track Now
XLR8R Downloads Player