- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Daly City
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
David Wang covered his eyes and pulled the trigger on his 2003 mash-up mix, Combat, where he caught Aphex Twin in bed with The Thompson Twins. In this collaboration with nearly 30 MCs, he has matured into a facile hip-hop producer. His breakcore roots still shine, and he fits every noise into the lyrical flow. On “Girls and Boys and Toys,” Wang watches Sasha Perera from Jahcoozi’s voice digitally flop around before throwing it back into the water to finish her verses. But for the most part he’s too respectful to interfere with the sharp rhymes of Khem, Sindri, and various Hieroglyphics fellas. Here’s hoping that he’ll help move the Bay Area hip-hop underground to rougher wilderness.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player