- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Daly City
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
David Wang covered his eyes and pulled the trigger on his 2003 mash-up mix, Combat, where he caught Aphex Twin in bed with The Thompson Twins. In this collaboration with nearly 30 MCs, he has matured into a facile hip-hop producer. His breakcore roots still shine, and he fits every noise into the lyrical flow. On “Girls and Boys and Toys,” Wang watches Sasha Perera from Jahcoozi’s voice digitally flop around before throwing it back into the water to finish her verses. But for the most part he’s too respectful to interfere with the sharp rhymes of Khem, Sindri, and various Hieroglyphics fellas. Here’s hoping that he’ll help move the Bay Area hip-hop underground to rougher wilderness.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player