- Words: Selena Hsu
- Label: Component
Mochipet's high-tech kinetics are on full display here, with simple bare-bones melodies heavily peppered by stuttering, double-dutch robotic barks and growls. "Labha" has drill & bass jabbering relentlessly over haunting violin strains, while pretty "Moha" gets all bombastic Aphex. "Dosa"'s heavy percussion eventually subsides into a sweet little piano motif and some plucked strings, jumpy and at times intriguingly pentatonic. Meanwhile, "Polka Electronic Death Country" is a freaking fantastic concept-Mochipet's rendition puts the emphasis on the "death" part, all hellfire roars and pure unrest.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player