- Words: Selena Hsu
- Label: Component
Mochipet's high-tech kinetics are on full display here, with simple bare-bones melodies heavily peppered by stuttering, double-dutch robotic barks and growls. "Labha" has drill & bass jabbering relentlessly over haunting violin strains, while pretty "Moha" gets all bombastic Aphex. "Dosa"'s heavy percussion eventually subsides into a sweet little piano motif and some plucked strings, jumpy and at times intriguingly pentatonic. Meanwhile, "Polka Electronic Death Country" is a freaking fantastic concept-Mochipet's rendition puts the emphasis on the "death" part, all hellfire roars and pure unrest.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player