Mockey In Mesopotamia (J.D. Slazenger's edition)
- Words: Liz Cordingley
- Label: Gomma
Before they ran away to start their own dirty electro circus in Berlin, Peaches and Chilly Gonzales were in a punk band called The Shit, of which Dominic Salole, a.k.a. Mocky, was the drummer. Now an ex-pat in Holland, Mocky, too, makes freaky lo-fi 'lectro kitsch on In Mesopotamia, but it's the added hip-hop value that sets him apart. His Snoop-style MCing is notably pimp on the more straightforward beats of single "Sweet Music." Elsewhere, Mocky's abstract initiatives juxtapose spastic samples with mellow bourgeois ballads. As he raps on "Munky 'C' Munky Do," it's somewhat "...like Neanderthals breedin' with Europeans.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player