Modill Midnight Green
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: EV Records
Racecar, one-half of Chicago hip-hop duo Modill, ain‘t shy about smoking on "Send Me to Bliss." For him, torching up is all about achieving clarity, illumination, and restoration-all qualities imparted by Midnight Green, Modill‘s magnificent debut album. Producer K-Kruz lays down seamless tracks that transform like some type of mutant Prefuse 73 gene, bouncing between rich, smoky funk workouts, sly, Native Tongue-style smoothness, and shifty beats that hiccup like a Madlib joint. Racecar displays a similar wandering genius, threading dozens of different, dense lines through his partner-in-crime‘s production. Like Racecar‘s favorite herb, this disc should be sampled and passed between friends.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player