Modill Midnight Green
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: EV Records
Racecar, one-half of Chicago hip-hop duo Modill, ain‘t shy about smoking on "Send Me to Bliss." For him, torching up is all about achieving clarity, illumination, and restoration-all qualities imparted by Midnight Green, Modill‘s magnificent debut album. Producer K-Kruz lays down seamless tracks that transform like some type of mutant Prefuse 73 gene, bouncing between rich, smoky funk workouts, sly, Native Tongue-style smoothness, and shifty beats that hiccup like a Madlib joint. Racecar displays a similar wandering genius, threading dozens of different, dense lines through his partner-in-crime‘s production. Like Racecar‘s favorite herb, this disc should be sampled and passed between friends.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player