Money Mark Demo? Or Demolition?
- Words: Stephen Christian
- Label: Chocolate Industries
Money Mark has been an interesting study in artistic evolution. Going from the Beastie Boys' carpenter of choice to outshining all of their collective musicianship to releasing his instrumental indulgences on Mo' Wax seems a pretty solid trajectory. As time has gone on, he's had increasingly frequent flirtations with the mic; on his Chocolate Industries debut he goes into full-on songwriter mode. It's a good look. The songs on Mark's latest are by far his most developed and fall somewhere between Sea Change-era Beck's torn love notes and the quirky, shadowy pop of Gorillaz.
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player