Money Mark Demo? Or Demolition?
- Words: Stephen Christian
- Label: Chocolate Industries
Money Mark has been an interesting study in artistic evolution. Going from the Beastie Boys' carpenter of choice to outshining all of their collective musicianship to releasing his instrumental indulgences on Mo' Wax seems a pretty solid trajectory. As time has gone on, he's had increasingly frequent flirtations with the mic; on his Chocolate Industries debut he goes into full-on songwriter mode. It's a good look. The songs on Mark's latest are by far his most developed and fall somewhere between Sea Change-era Beck's torn love notes and the quirky, shadowy pop of Gorillaz.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player