Mono Walking Cloud and Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered and the Sun Shined
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Temporary Residence
Good god, this is sweeping, emotional music. For letting doves free, for floating on your back naked in the warm ocean water while the big dipper watches over you, for riding a buffalo over the smooth Idaho plains in slow motion. Now, in high school-ese: Japan's Mono are the sensitive artistic types that only rarely opened their mouths in class and when they did mysterious perfection emerged; meanwhile, Godspeed You Black Emperor! were the nasty overweight black-clad kids smoking cigarettes out by the railroad tracks and calling everyone pussies. Mono has opened their mouths again.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- ReviewFantastic Mr Fox "You Turn"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
XLR8R Downloads Player