Of Montreal Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?
- Words: Derek Grey
- Label: Polyvinyl
With Of Montreal's mounting success, it seems frontman Kevin Barnes is just steps from signing to a major; for the time being, though, Polyvinyl's got one more of his brilliant noise-pop opuses to call their own. Crafted during a depressing time living in Norway, Barnes tempered his dreary surroundings by writing some of the cheeriest pop of his eight-album career. Tracks like "A Sentence of Sorts in Kongsvinger" rank up there with his absolute finest (despite the sad tales involved), while "Gronlandic Edit" ekes out a space for disco within the pop master's oeuvre. Amazing!
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player