Of Montreal Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?
- Words: Derek Grey
- Label: Polyvinyl
With Of Montreal's mounting success, it seems frontman Kevin Barnes is just steps from signing to a major; for the time being, though, Polyvinyl's got one more of his brilliant noise-pop opuses to call their own. Crafted during a depressing time living in Norway, Barnes tempered his dreary surroundings by writing some of the cheeriest pop of his eight-album career. Tracks like "A Sentence of Sorts in Kongsvinger" rank up there with his absolute finest (despite the sad tales involved), while "Gronlandic Edit" ekes out a space for disco within the pop master's oeuvre. Amazing!
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsSimian Mobile Disco Shares Second Single from 'Whorl'
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player