Moon Orchestra You'll Know When You Get There
- Words: Rob Riddle
- Label: Db
Moon Orchestra makes music for chill travelers and dramatic soundtracks to extreme lounging and dreams of a perfect getaway. "Moving on Out" sets the mood, and even though the tempo pushes, full strings and a floating guitar loop mesmerize more than excite. The slow luminescence of "Eastern Lights" leisurely culminates in a driving rhythm with forward dub influences. Jon Platou Selvig's splendid blend of jazz sensibilities and relaxing atmospheres conjure in-between-adventure times, with preludes of spy-oriented tension ("the Valley") that lead to light Latin fun ("Mystic Brew") and bursts of calm stasis ("Sorcery"). A nice little trip for sure, with a pleasant view and enough changes along the way to make it worth the while.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player