Moon Orchestra You'll Know When You Get There
- Words: Rob Riddle
- Label: Db
Moon Orchestra makes music for chill travelers and dramatic soundtracks to extreme lounging and dreams of a perfect getaway. "Moving on Out" sets the mood, and even though the tempo pushes, full strings and a floating guitar loop mesmerize more than excite. The slow luminescence of "Eastern Lights" leisurely culminates in a driving rhythm with forward dub influences. Jon Platou Selvig's splendid blend of jazz sensibilities and relaxing atmospheres conjure in-between-adventure times, with preludes of spy-oriented tension ("the Valley") that lead to light Latin fun ("Mystic Brew") and bursts of calm stasis ("Sorcery"). A nice little trip for sure, with a pleasant view and enough changes along the way to make it worth the while.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player