Moving Units Dangerous Dreams
- Words: Carleton Curtis
- Label: Rx-Palm Pictures
Prompting a hipster to dance (or lift a finger, for that matter) is a bitch. So when a band comes along and lights a fire under their carefully considered britches, it's time to fucking celebrate. This month, the band is called Moving Units, and they have been bringing hot, slutty women with good taste into LA venues for over a year now. A huge bonus, of course, is their neck-snapping brand of white funk, white heat. Not one raw-throated track is a throwaway on this fine maiden LP. Just lose the Gang Of Four and A Certain Ratio fixations, and I'll re-lacquer the dancefloor myself.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player