Mr. Dibbs The 30th Song
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Rhymesayers
Mr. Dibbs's The 30th Song was originally supposed to be released by 4 Ways to Rock in 2000, but that never materialized. And it's a damn shame. If this record fell into the hip-hop consciousness during turntablism's peak years, the "Dick-nosed Platypus" would be the one that crate-digging symphonists would have to measure up to. On this expanded reissue, Dibbs's earthy beats are deftly heightened by swamp-rat guitar riffs, smeared violas, strutting basslines and the odd children's record or two. He gives a sharp relief from the bourgeois-hop of the bling-bling motorcades that currently parade the airwaves. The centerpiece is the 15-minute epic, "Porntablist," where Dibbs's mates sample orgasms with one-handed scratching over and over and over and over.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player