Mr. J Medeiros Of Gods and Girls
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Rawkus
Mr. J Medeiros–one third of the righteous hip-hop act The Procussions–takes on some harsh subject matter on his solo debut. But this ambitious MC only brings up issues of human trafficking ("Constance") and plunging into debt ("Half Dream") to help the world overcome them. Outside of the studio, Mr. J regularly partakes in community outreach programs, and his helping-hand mentality shines through in his constructive raps. With its activist approach and mid-tempo, treble-heavy beats (from The Procussions and others), Of Gods and Girls is not the type of hip-hop you really want to bump in your system. It is, however, ideal headphone music for sitting back and contemplating a better tomorrow.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player