Mr. Oizo Moustache (Half a Scissors)
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Mute
Nothing seems to work right on Moustache, and that is its saving grace. Playing Daft Punk and Prefuse 73 records after leaving them to melt in a car trunk could be a somewhat accurate description. "Quentin Mr. Oizo" Dupieux‘s electro-funk rhythms fall flat on their faces, while his ‘80s retro-trash synth melodies sound like filthy Nintendo cartridges that need to be blown into. The "glitch" element here is tasteless, as when the broken-footed funk of "(ee)" is interrupted by a dying robot declaring "This is computer music, shoot or die!" Nonetheless, there is a ridiculous funkiness as things fall apart into a spectacular mess.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player