Mr. Projectile Sinking
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Merck
David Toop has spoken of "nostalgia for the future," and this is it. Mr. Projectile's Sinking contains music honed and plied with incredible focus, cured and steeped with painstaking care. It doesn't follow the maniacal minimalism that currently holds the hangers on. It has soul, without mimicking it; it has history, without aping it. The tones and textures of this album are incredible in their delicacy and wisdom. It plumbs the depths of percussion and comes up with polished and well-hewn bass, big enough for the best wall of sound. Often, Sinking's mix of broken IDM sounds, mutated breakbeats, and luxuriant cadences defies categorization, so don't try too hard to fit this into one genre. Just know that it's huge, meaningful and smart...and stunningly beautiful.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player