Mr. Projectile Sinking
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Merck
David Toop has spoken of "nostalgia for the future," and this is it. Mr. Projectile's Sinking contains music honed and plied with incredible focus, cured and steeped with painstaking care. It doesn't follow the maniacal minimalism that currently holds the hangers on. It has soul, without mimicking it; it has history, without aping it. The tones and textures of this album are incredible in their delicacy and wisdom. It plumbs the depths of percussion and comes up with polished and well-hewn bass, big enough for the best wall of sound. Often, Sinking's mix of broken IDM sounds, mutated breakbeats, and luxuriant cadences defies categorization, so don't try too hard to fit this into one genre. Just know that it's huge, meaningful and smart...and stunningly beautiful.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player