MSTRKRFT Fist of God
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Label: Dim Mak/Downtown
- XLR8R Rating: 2/10
Sometimes “bad” just isn’t strong enough. Fist of God is one of those albums that should be known as “dangerously bad.” Three years removed from their respectable debut, The Looks, Jesse Keeler and Al-P should have been able to come up with more than a warmed-over collection of jock-friendly, fist-pumping Justice and Daft Punk retreads with all the subtlety of your favorite nu-metal anthem. The parade of awful guest vocals does little to help their cause, as Lil’ Mo, N.O.R.E., and John Legend (I’m just as confused as you are) serve up one insipid offering after another. They even found a way to make Ghostface Killah sound trite—that takes special skill. Avoid at all costs.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player