MU Afro Finger and Gel
- Words: Selena Hs
- Label: Tigersushi
Me' prefer soft moaning. But if you're into some shrieking psycholovin,' meet Mu and hold tight-the lady'll take you on some wild ride. We get wide splatters of all kinds of great beats from Maurice Fulton (a.k.a. Dr. Scratch), like "Jealous Kids"'s atonal electro slashed with tribal drums and Mu's Japanese-accented petulance. It's drum-circle-meets-electro-thunder, ripped through with some Latin influences and ruptured by Mu's piercing yelps. They're cathartic to a point, but must we get so art-house? Where do you draw the line between potentially iconoclastic and just memorably irritating? Afro Finger & Gel is a squirmy hellcat, thankfully totally unafraid of its weirdness.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player