MU Afro Finger and Gel
- Words: Selena Hs
- Label: Tigersushi
Me' prefer soft moaning. But if you're into some shrieking psycholovin,' meet Mu and hold tight-the lady'll take you on some wild ride. We get wide splatters of all kinds of great beats from Maurice Fulton (a.k.a. Dr. Scratch), like "Jealous Kids"'s atonal electro slashed with tribal drums and Mu's Japanese-accented petulance. It's drum-circle-meets-electro-thunder, ripped through with some Latin influences and ruptured by Mu's piercing yelps. They're cathartic to a point, but must we get so art-house? Where do you draw the line between potentially iconoclastic and just memorably irritating? Afro Finger & Gel is a squirmy hellcat, thankfully totally unafraid of its weirdness.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player