- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Gomma
It’s easy to see why Munk’s feel-good, eclectic pop-rock pieces have been widely used in European fashion shows and art galleries. These downtempo tunes are the ultimate background music: easy, interesting listens, just short of being totally fluffy. Cloudbuster appears more influenced by commercial pop/rock than electronica, and less interested in presenting a cohesive album than sailing through a gamut of styles, from lounge music (the downtempo, jazz-hop “Under Kontrol”) to an homage to Peaches (Asia Argento giving spoken-word attitude on “No Milk”) to upbeat drag-queen performance tunes (the catchy pop/rock ditty “Live Fast! Die Old!”). Fluffy can sometimes be its own style, too.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player