- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Gomma
It’s easy to see why Munk’s feel-good, eclectic pop-rock pieces have been widely used in European fashion shows and art galleries. These downtempo tunes are the ultimate background music: easy, interesting listens, just short of being totally fluffy. Cloudbuster appears more influenced by commercial pop/rock than electronica, and less interested in presenting a cohesive album than sailing through a gamut of styles, from lounge music (the downtempo, jazz-hop “Under Kontrol”) to an homage to Peaches (Asia Argento giving spoken-word attitude on “No Milk”) to upbeat drag-queen performance tunes (the catchy pop/rock ditty “Live Fast! Die Old!”). Fluffy can sometimes be its own style, too.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player