Music A.M. My City Glittered Like A Breaking Wave
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Quatermass
The Euro trio known as Music A.M. has undertaken a lovely mission: to prove that laptop electronica can be just as warm and wistful as any indie rock. Their five-track mini-album is thoughtfully crafted, crammed full of unexpected melodies and barely audible sounds in every musical corner. The electronic rubbing noise throughout "Don‘t Keep Me Waiting So Long" might chafe slightly, but the romantic pull of "Supercharger, I Adore You" and Luke Sutherland‘s throaty crooning will make you long to see the film that these cinematic tunes would be so choice with.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player