Music A.M. Unwound From The Woods
- Words: Steve Marchese
- Label: Quatermass
Even the most vivid dreams are often only silent films. However, had we the ability to score our dreams, Germany‘s Music A.M. would be the perfect accompaniment. With a gentle combination of minimal guitar, stuttering electronic percussion, and a swirling digital mist of various electronics, the trio creates the perfect backdrop for singer Luke Sutherland‘s distinctively breathy storytelling. With a calculated mix of high-art affectation and everyman seduction, Sutherland (not unlike Jeff Buckley or Sam Prekop) has the ability to use his voice with uncommon instrumentation. The result is much like a dream itself-both strangely alienating and eerily familiar.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player