My Sister Klaus Chateau Rouge
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Tigersushi
Paris, especially in the wake of Ed Banger and Kitsuné, is easily imagined as a ceaseless rampage of chic-meets-shabby funk, where cocaine-rimmed martinis float on seas of demitasse-sized pupils. But amidst the blitz, Guillaume Teyssier has recorded an album acknowledging the true origins of skuzz. This Joakim-produced Petri dish fetishizes everything captivating about New York's Lower East Side from 1965 (ie. The Velvet Underground's debut) through the roiling early '80s. The diffused pastiche draws on Lou Reed, Suicide, Rhys Chatham, and Talking Heads, plus dashes of honorary New Yorkers David Bowie and Iggy Pop. A wanton strut anchors the most sodden eddies, on this chameleonic effort of psyche-rock squalor and squall.
- MP3Chrissy Murderbot "Alright (Calculon & Austin Speed Remix)"
- NewsListen to the New Single from Boards of Canada
- NewsListen to a Reversed Version of Boards of Canada's New Single
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Ikonika
- FeatureWax Ecstatic: Kyle Hall, Gerd Janson, Hieroglyphic Being, and More Discuss the Limited Vinyl Craze
XLR8R Downloads Player