My Sister Klaus Chateau Rouge
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Tigersushi
Paris, especially in the wake of Ed Banger and Kitsuné, is easily imagined as a ceaseless rampage of chic-meets-shabby funk, where cocaine-rimmed martinis float on seas of demitasse-sized pupils. But amidst the blitz, Guillaume Teyssier has recorded an album acknowledging the true origins of skuzz. This Joakim-produced Petri dish fetishizes everything captivating about New York's Lower East Side from 1965 (ie. The Velvet Underground's debut) through the roiling early '80s. The diffused pastiche draws on Lou Reed, Suicide, Rhys Chatham, and Talking Heads, plus dashes of honorary New Yorkers David Bowie and Iggy Pop. A wanton strut anchors the most sodden eddies, on this chameleonic effort of psyche-rock squalor and squall.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player