Mysterymen Everything But An Answer
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Disko B
It‘s not every day that you hear a group that entrusts their vocals to an Atari computer. This northern UK coalition shapes their tracks from robotic vocals and dubby techno, bathed in the retro sound of analog synthesizers. It might be hard to tell whether you‘re listening to electroclash (old news) or pre-Erasure synth rock (still cool), but it‘s fun all the same. The first cut, "Don‘t Look Back," is the best, a vocodered take on an acapella track with an uplifting melody and hopeful yet meaningless lyrics that scream vintage ‘80s.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player