Mysterymen Everything But An Answer
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Disko B
It‘s not every day that you hear a group that entrusts their vocals to an Atari computer. This northern UK coalition shapes their tracks from robotic vocals and dubby techno, bathed in the retro sound of analog synthesizers. It might be hard to tell whether you‘re listening to electroclash (old news) or pre-Erasure synth rock (still cool), but it‘s fun all the same. The first cut, "Don‘t Look Back," is the best, a vocodered take on an acapella track with an uplifting melody and hopeful yet meaningless lyrics that scream vintage ‘80s.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player