Mysterymen Everything But An Answer
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Disko B
It‘s not every day that you hear a group that entrusts their vocals to an Atari computer. This northern UK coalition shapes their tracks from robotic vocals and dubby techno, bathed in the retro sound of analog synthesizers. It might be hard to tell whether you‘re listening to electroclash (old news) or pre-Erasure synth rock (still cool), but it‘s fun all the same. The first cut, "Don‘t Look Back," is the best, a vocodered take on an acapella track with an uplifting melody and hopeful yet meaningless lyrics that scream vintage ‘80s.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player