The Narrator Such Triumph
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Flameshovel
Though they hail from Chicago, a town better known for terrapin-influenced post-rock, The Narrator‘s impassioned and refined wailings are surprisingly, well, rockin‘. With nary a self-masturbatory noodle here nor an über-produced timbre there, Such Triumph is driving, straight ahead indie-rock for the flannel-coated masses. On the excellent "Pregnant Boys," cries of "There‘s no better reason than no reason at all" express reverently that particular brand of Midwestern angst previously offered by bands such as Hüsker Dü and Dinosaur Jr, while the muddy undertow of "Abcdefghijklmnopqrs" conjures images of frozen lakes in January, with winter winds whipping a fine film of ice dust across the surface.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsHear Seven Davis Jr Remix Martyn
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player