The Narrator Such Triumph
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Flameshovel
Though they hail from Chicago, a town better known for terrapin-influenced post-rock, The Narrator‘s impassioned and refined wailings are surprisingly, well, rockin‘. With nary a self-masturbatory noodle here nor an über-produced timbre there, Such Triumph is driving, straight ahead indie-rock for the flannel-coated masses. On the excellent "Pregnant Boys," cries of "There‘s no better reason than no reason at all" express reverently that particular brand of Midwestern angst previously offered by bands such as Hüsker Dü and Dinosaur Jr, while the muddy undertow of "Abcdefghijklmnopqrs" conjures images of frozen lakes in January, with winter winds whipping a fine film of ice dust across the surface.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player