The Narrator Such Triumph
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Flameshovel
Though they hail from Chicago, a town better known for terrapin-influenced post-rock, The Narrator‘s impassioned and refined wailings are surprisingly, well, rockin‘. With nary a self-masturbatory noodle here nor an über-produced timbre there, Such Triumph is driving, straight ahead indie-rock for the flannel-coated masses. On the excellent "Pregnant Boys," cries of "There‘s no better reason than no reason at all" express reverently that particular brand of Midwestern angst previously offered by bands such as Hüsker Dü and Dinosaur Jr, while the muddy undertow of "Abcdefghijklmnopqrs" conjures images of frozen lakes in January, with winter winds whipping a fine film of ice dust across the surface.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player