Natty King No Guns To Town
- Words: Araya Crosskill
- Label: Insight
No Guns To Town delivers message music roots reggae fans can skank to, but some lyrics are painfully trite, like on "Equality" when Natty sings "The fishes in the sea/and the birds in the tree/ they all have the right to be free." Ouch. Still, even though the verse seems like something you‘d hear from Bush, it somehow sounds better than it reads-which is what counts (especially when yu under a big-head spliff). When the smoke clears, check out the melodious title cut-you‘ll value the message, even if you‘ve never run into Kingston shottas.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player