Natty King No Guns To Town
- Words: Araya Crosskill
- Label: Insight
No Guns To Town delivers message music roots reggae fans can skank to, but some lyrics are painfully trite, like on "Equality" when Natty sings "The fishes in the sea/and the birds in the tree/ they all have the right to be free." Ouch. Still, even though the verse seems like something you‘d hear from Bush, it somehow sounds better than it reads-which is what counts (especially when yu under a big-head spliff). When the smoke clears, check out the melodious title cut-you‘ll value the message, even if you‘ve never run into Kingston shottas.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player