Natty King No Guns To Town
- Words: Araya Crosskill
- Label: Insight
No Guns To Town delivers message music roots reggae fans can skank to, but some lyrics are painfully trite, like on "Equality" when Natty sings "The fishes in the sea/and the birds in the tree/ they all have the right to be free." Ouch. Still, even though the verse seems like something you‘d hear from Bush, it somehow sounds better than it reads-which is what counts (especially when yu under a big-head spliff). When the smoke clears, check out the melodious title cut-you‘ll value the message, even if you‘ve never run into Kingston shottas.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player