Natty King No Guns To Town
- Words: Araya Crosskill
- Label: Insight
No Guns To Town delivers message music roots reggae fans can skank to, but some lyrics are painfully trite, like on "Equality" when Natty sings "The fishes in the sea/and the birds in the tree/ they all have the right to be free." Ouch. Still, even though the verse seems like something you‘d hear from Bush, it somehow sounds better than it reads-which is what counts (especially when yu under a big-head spliff). When the smoke clears, check out the melodious title cut-you‘ll value the message, even if you‘ve never run into Kingston shottas.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player