Neon Indian Psychic Chasms
In the realm of Neon Indian's Psychic Chasms, producer Alan Palomo is the wizard behind the curtain and his own personal Oz has no future, only memories of life and music past. Besides crafting the album's psychedelic electro sound and "check out these old tapes I found in the trunk of my car" aesthetic, Palomo finds time to muse on missed opportunities ("Should've Taken Acid With You") and lousy vacations ("Deadbeat Summer") while synth tones seemingly lifted from '80s sci-fi VHS and guitar licks pilfered from his parents' records dance around his slacker nostalgia. Throughout the album, Palomo doesn't want to take you anywhere, but rather sit with you, roll a joint, and talk about what was and what could've been.
Listen: "Terminally Chill"
Download This Track
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player