Neon Indian Psychic Chasms
In the realm of Neon Indian's Psychic Chasms, producer Alan Palomo is the wizard behind the curtain and his own personal Oz has no future, only memories of life and music past. Besides crafting the album's psychedelic electro sound and "check out these old tapes I found in the trunk of my car" aesthetic, Palomo finds time to muse on missed opportunities ("Should've Taken Acid With You") and lousy vacations ("Deadbeat Summer") while synth tones seemingly lifted from '80s sci-fi VHS and guitar licks pilfered from his parents' records dance around his slacker nostalgia. Throughout the album, Palomo doesn't want to take you anywhere, but rather sit with you, roll a joint, and talk about what was and what could've been.
Listen: "Terminally Chill"
Download This Track
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player