Neotropic White Rabbits
- Words: Ken Micallef
- Label: Mush
Riz Maslen returns with her trusty sampler, but that's not all. Maslen uses live musicians to inspire and flesh out her computer mixes, White Rabbits being an exceptional example of personality-filled instrumentalists streaming in and around her atmospheric galaxy of freak sounds and disturbing effects. Pushing the live-programmed genre forward, tracks like "New Cross" recall guitarist Bill Frisell. The album grows progressively darker, as later number "Joe Luke" dives subterranean into an ambient horror-show world and closer "If We Were Trees" is a loony lark of laughing children with Maslen croaking, "You're doing my head in."
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player