Neotropic White Rabbits
- Words: Ken Micallef
- Label: Mush
Riz Maslen returns with her trusty sampler, but that's not all. Maslen uses live musicians to inspire and flesh out her computer mixes, White Rabbits being an exceptional example of personality-filled instrumentalists streaming in and around her atmospheric galaxy of freak sounds and disturbing effects. Pushing the live-programmed genre forward, tracks like "New Cross" recall guitarist Bill Frisell. The album grows progressively darker, as later number "Joe Luke" dives subterranean into an ambient horror-show world and closer "If We Were Trees" is a loony lark of laughing children with Maslen croaking, "You're doing my head in."
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player