Neptune Gong Lake
- Words: Praxis
- Label: Table Of The Elements
One of the most bizarre and unique bands on the planet, Neptune is composed of three musicians: each blacksmiths, scientists, sculptors, electricians, and machinists. Taking all of their artistic and industrial endeavors into account, the Neptune fellas construct all of their own instruments, creating guitars, drums, and electronics from trash such as saw blades, bike parts, VCR casings, and gas tanks. With them they create an industrial post-punk noise-rock groove, all spastic guitars, heavy distortion, and tweaked vocals. Hardcore and aggressively agitating, this arrangement of instrumentation is hard on the ears yet clever enough to keep you interested. Expect to hear a fusion of Tool, The Chili Peppers and Autechre, with a noisy smash-metal twist.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player