Neptune Gong Lake
- Words: Praxis
- Label: Table Of The Elements
One of the most bizarre and unique bands on the planet, Neptune is composed of three musicians: each blacksmiths, scientists, sculptors, electricians, and machinists. Taking all of their artistic and industrial endeavors into account, the Neptune fellas construct all of their own instruments, creating guitars, drums, and electronics from trash such as saw blades, bike parts, VCR casings, and gas tanks. With them they create an industrial post-punk noise-rock groove, all spastic guitars, heavy distortion, and tweaked vocals. Hardcore and aggressively agitating, this arrangement of instrumentation is hard on the ears yet clever enough to keep you interested. Expect to hear a fusion of Tool, The Chili Peppers and Autechre, with a noisy smash-metal twist.
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player