Nick Holder No More Dating DJs
- Words: Derek Grey
- Label: NRK
This officially replaces LCD Soundsystem's "Losing My Edge" as dance music's best sardonic critique. Why? The poetess Jemeni deadpans, "I'm done with dating rappers, MCs, DJs, producers/I'm looking for a real nice Rogers Cable guy who thinks a Technic is a way to way to make love to me." And "No, I don't want to hang out with the other DJ-girlfriends/they're adapters/automatic after-performance clappers/Preparation H for swollen-ego asshole rappers." Case closed.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player