Nickodemus Endangered Species
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Wonderwheel
With Turntables On The Hudson six years strong, pioneering Brooklynite Nickodemus drops his first solo effort. Comprising over a decade of international influence-touching the Balkans, Africa, Latin America, Arabia, Jamaica, and more-Endangered Species is a soulful collection of bouncing vocals and melodies embedded in serious grooves. Malik from Real Live Show, Radio Mundial‘s Jean Shepherd and Si*Se‘s Carol C add verbal dynamite over a cornucopia of global instrumentation that could only call NYC home. The clear and present winner is the clarinet/melodica-driven "Crazy Stranger," as watery and flowing as the riverside associated with Nick‘s name.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player