Nina Nastasia Run To Ruin
- Words: Selena Hs
- Label: Touch and G
Approach Run to Ruin like a bottle of whiskey on a solitary night on the porch-in slow, successive sips, letting the rich, oaken taste and luxurious loneliness of her dark-waltz country music make themselves known. Nastasia's voice, alternately rough-hewn and sweetly high, is laced with deep languorous string strains. The ominous shimmering shiver in "I Say That I Will Go"'s heavy waltz-step builds into a slow-churning dissonance, while her low moan in "You Her And Me" matches up with those of the cello. In "The Body," Nastasia's voice turns through phrases like a leaf touching down briefly on the ground before whisking up and away into an isolated, intense twister.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player