Nina Nastasia Run To Ruin
- Words: Selena Hs
- Label: Touch and G
Approach Run to Ruin like a bottle of whiskey on a solitary night on the porch-in slow, successive sips, letting the rich, oaken taste and luxurious loneliness of her dark-waltz country music make themselves known. Nastasia's voice, alternately rough-hewn and sweetly high, is laced with deep languorous string strains. The ominous shimmering shiver in "I Say That I Will Go"'s heavy waltz-step builds into a slow-churning dissonance, while her low moan in "You Her And Me" matches up with those of the cello. In "The Body," Nastasia's voice turns through phrases like a leaf touching down briefly on the ground before whisking up and away into an isolated, intense twister.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player