Nino Moschella The Fix
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Ubiquity
Opting out of computer-driven drum loops, Italian-Irish multi-instrumentalist Nino Moschella chose broomsticks and handclaps for his debut, and he ties it all together with a soulful voice. The Fix is such a unique R&B record that it barely warrants that designation. But the soul is heavy, as when he screeches so elegantly above a Zeppelin-fueled drum beat on "Strong Man." Organs, bass, guitars, and drums are the backdrop for some serious grooves while Nino's lyrics stay up front and the soul junkies get an unforeseen fix.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player