Nino Moschella The Fix
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Ubiquity
Opting out of computer-driven drum loops, Italian-Irish multi-instrumentalist Nino Moschella chose broomsticks and handclaps for his debut, and he ties it all together with a soulful voice. The Fix is such a unique R&B record that it barely warrants that designation. But the soul is heavy, as when he screeches so elegantly above a Zeppelin-fueled drum beat on "Strong Man." Organs, bass, guitars, and drums are the backdrop for some serious grooves while Nino's lyrics stay up front and the soul junkies get an unforeseen fix.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player