No Kids Come Into My House
- Words: Josiah Hughes
- Label: Tomlab
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Previously the quartet known as P:ano, Vancouver’s No Kids return refreshed on Come Into My House. With shiny production and inspired collaborators with local scene-makers, the record marries Nick Krgovich’s near-perfect songwriting with romanticized elements of electro-pop, vocal R&B, and modern soul. Opener “Great Escape” is a soft, symphonic offering that is awoken by the rhythmic piano on follower “For Halloween.” Elsewhere, “The Beaches All Closed” could be R. Kelly covering Hot Chip, while “Four Freshman Locked Out As the Sun Goes Down” is all four-part harmonies and a simple guitar. Marked by innovation, Come Into My House is a remarkable achievement.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player