No Kids Come Into My House
- Words: Josiah Hughes
- Label: Tomlab
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Previously the quartet known as P:ano, Vancouver’s No Kids return refreshed on Come Into My House. With shiny production and inspired collaborators with local scene-makers, the record marries Nick Krgovich’s near-perfect songwriting with romanticized elements of electro-pop, vocal R&B, and modern soul. Opener “Great Escape” is a soft, symphonic offering that is awoken by the rhythmic piano on follower “For Halloween.” Elsewhere, “The Beaches All Closed” could be R. Kelly covering Hot Chip, while “Four Freshman Locked Out As the Sun Goes Down” is all four-part harmonies and a simple guitar. Marked by innovation, Come Into My House is a remarkable achievement.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player