No Kids Come Into My House
- Words: Josiah Hughes
- Label: Tomlab
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Previously the quartet known as P:ano, Vancouver’s No Kids return refreshed on Come Into My House. With shiny production and inspired collaborators with local scene-makers, the record marries Nick Krgovich’s near-perfect songwriting with romanticized elements of electro-pop, vocal R&B, and modern soul. Opener “Great Escape” is a soft, symphonic offering that is awoken by the rhythmic piano on follower “For Halloween.” Elsewhere, “The Beaches All Closed” could be R. Kelly covering Hot Chip, while “Four Freshman Locked Out As the Sun Goes Down” is all four-part harmonies and a simple guitar. Marked by innovation, Come Into My House is a remarkable achievement.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
XLR8R Downloads Player