No Movement No Sound No Memories Removed/Acetate
- Words: Matt Earp
- Label: Lux Nigra
All cut up, with rips and tears in its sonic fabric, this is a great, challenging, darkly complex release from a superb label. A combination of two EPs (one early, one just released), dub, techno, and noise collide and then get run through the abstract filters of the remixers, ranging from Pole's soft whispers to Modeselektor's harder edge. Youngman and Kool Pop's Something J cut up tech-hop, Arovane lends trademark beauty, James Din A4 serves up bounce, and the whole thing gets wrapped in soft gauze, evoking the feeling you'd get looking at a blank Berlin winter sky.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player