- Words: DJ Anna
- Label: Lex
Fans of poet/rapper extraordinaire Sage Francis should be ready to see another side of their talented hero. With partner Joey Beats on production, the usually self-reflective/ self-deprecating (dare we say emo?) Anticon recording artist shows his hardcore b-boy side, with clever, crowd-pleasing couplets flowing with ease over dope beats. "Well I'm your typical hip-hop political figure/ I'm not left wing or right wing/ I'm the middle finger," raps Sage on "Damage." Each track brims with double entendres and word play, and comedy is abundant. Classic hip-hop tracks are referenced, mainstream rap is mocked, science is dropped and wack emcees are put in their place.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player