- Words: DJ Anna
- Label: Lex
Fans of poet/rapper extraordinaire Sage Francis should be ready to see another side of their talented hero. With partner Joey Beats on production, the usually self-reflective/ self-deprecating (dare we say emo?) Anticon recording artist shows his hardcore b-boy side, with clever, crowd-pleasing couplets flowing with ease over dope beats. "Well I'm your typical hip-hop political figure/ I'm not left wing or right wing/ I'm the middle finger," raps Sage on "Damage." Each track brims with double entendres and word play, and comedy is abundant. Classic hip-hop tracks are referenced, mainstream rap is mocked, science is dropped and wack emcees are put in their place.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player