Nostalgia 77 Everything Under the Sun
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: Ubiquity
Is this Benedic Lamdin's best record? Who knows. But does the guy fronting Nostalgia 77 make the trifecta? You betcha. Known for blissful excursions in cosmic-jazz and be-bop with a decidedly hip-hop slant, Lamdin always emphasized the instrumental, but with his two muses, Lizzy Parks and Beth Rowley, he's learned to let the magic of the voice be his instrument. And grind their vocal axes, these ladies do, putting them on par with the record's mind-blowing tenor sax and trumpet playing, which not only gives you sketches of Spain but crisp laser copies of Mars too.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player