- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Kranky
On their third CD, Portland, OR‘s Nudge-a loose collective comprised of Jackie O Motherfucker‘s Honey Owens, Audraglint‘s Brian Foote, and Paul Dickow (a.k.a. Strategy)-harnesses an impressive range of styles, even for a post-genre" era like the current one. Combining rock instrumentation with computer editing, Nudge barrels through shoegaze anthems, shimmering organ drones, and ambient circus dub with the facility most bands can‘t muster for a single one of ‘em. Fans of My Bloody Valentine, Fennesz, and Twlight Circus will bless their cut-and-pastin‘ hearts.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player