- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Kranky
On their third CD, Portland, OR‘s Nudge-a loose collective comprised of Jackie O Motherfucker‘s Honey Owens, Audraglint‘s Brian Foote, and Paul Dickow (a.k.a. Strategy)-harnesses an impressive range of styles, even for a post-genre" era like the current one. Combining rock instrumentation with computer editing, Nudge barrels through shoegaze anthems, shimmering organ drones, and ambient circus dub with the facility most bands can‘t muster for a single one of ‘em. Fans of My Bloody Valentine, Fennesz, and Twlight Circus will bless their cut-and-pastin‘ hearts.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player