- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Kranky
On their third CD, Portland, OR‘s Nudge-a loose collective comprised of Jackie O Motherfucker‘s Honey Owens, Audraglint‘s Brian Foote, and Paul Dickow (a.k.a. Strategy)-harnesses an impressive range of styles, even for a post-genre" era like the current one. Combining rock instrumentation with computer editing, Nudge barrels through shoegaze anthems, shimmering organ drones, and ambient circus dub with the facility most bands can‘t muster for a single one of ‘em. Fans of My Bloody Valentine, Fennesz, and Twlight Circus will bless their cut-and-pastin‘ hearts.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player