- Words: Christine Hsieh
- Label: Tigerbeat6
The original version of this Oakland, CA trio's album, Numbers Life, was crazy enough. Now, Numbers has the rest of the Tigerbeat6 crew to mash up their songs and spit them back out with a dash of post-punk-thrash-funk (as Gold Chains does with "Prison Life"), squelchy lo-fi art-punk (on Electronicat's treatment of "Driving Song") and tongue-in-cheek Atari-electro drill & bass (see Original Hamster's take on "Human Replace"). The overall affect is akin to driving past a bizarre drug bust on some country backroads á la Cops-there's some crazy shit worth rubbernecking for, but the other stuff is laughable and worthy of ridicule.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsHear Dntel's Upcoming LP for Leaving/Stones Throw
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player