O.C. Smoke & Mirrors
- Words: Aqua Boogie
- Label: Hiero Imperium
O.C.'s time in the rap race isn't up just yet. Aligning with those Hieroglyphics purists in Oakland for his latest, the Brooklynite delivers another finely crafted tutorial for would be lyricists. On "You Made Me" he rhetorically asks, "The rap game is, like, senile/Does he fit in this time frame?/Can he still spit flames?" Of course he can. Cocksure rhymes are effortlessly hurled at chopped rock guitar licks on "My Way" while our underground hero asserts his artistic integrity over a haunting vocal clip on "Going Nowhere." No illusion here-fiery hip-hop is always a welcome reflection.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player