- Words: Ross Holland
- Label: Wildfire Wildfire
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
It's easy to be enamored with the Wham City arts collective. Seemingly free from all societal constraints, the Baltimore sect tends to garner as much press for its ethos as it does for the quality of its members’ art. The debut release from beat-maestro OCDJ (a.k.a. Dan Gaeta) may change that. Hooray's zealous, 8-bit approach to crunk and B-more club is as endearing as it is club-friendly. Sure there's camp here (a remix of Kelis' "Milkshake" is retitled "Guess What! [Ice Cream!!]), but for the most part, OCDJ's quirky, melody-driven reworks of iconic Three 6 Mafia and Lil Jon tracks put the majority of Diplo remixes to shame. Guns, bitches, and bling just went to art school.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player