- Words: Ross Holland
- Label: Wildfire Wildfire
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
It's easy to be enamored with the Wham City arts collective. Seemingly free from all societal constraints, the Baltimore sect tends to garner as much press for its ethos as it does for the quality of its members’ art. The debut release from beat-maestro OCDJ (a.k.a. Dan Gaeta) may change that. Hooray's zealous, 8-bit approach to crunk and B-more club is as endearing as it is club-friendly. Sure there's camp here (a remix of Kelis' "Milkshake" is retitled "Guess What! [Ice Cream!!]), but for the most part, OCDJ's quirky, melody-driven reworks of iconic Three 6 Mafia and Lil Jon tracks put the majority of Diplo remixes to shame. Guns, bitches, and bling just went to art school.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player