- Words: Ross Holland
- Label: Wildfire Wildfire
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
It's easy to be enamored with the Wham City arts collective. Seemingly free from all societal constraints, the Baltimore sect tends to garner as much press for its ethos as it does for the quality of its members’ art. The debut release from beat-maestro OCDJ (a.k.a. Dan Gaeta) may change that. Hooray's zealous, 8-bit approach to crunk and B-more club is as endearing as it is club-friendly. Sure there's camp here (a remix of Kelis' "Milkshake" is retitled "Guess What! [Ice Cream!!]), but for the most part, OCDJ's quirky, melody-driven reworks of iconic Three 6 Mafia and Lil Jon tracks put the majority of Diplo remixes to shame. Guns, bitches, and bling just went to art school.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player