Octet Cash And Carry Songs
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Plain
The high-speed harpsichord and tender tenor vocals that mark Cash and Carry Songs' opening track, "Hey Bonus," are a perfect intro to the radiance of Octet's twisted-up pop. That sort of contradictory lush-minimalism is to be expected from a French electronica duo. The way Octet strums their synthesizers as if they're classical strings and manipulate their mixers with a sleight of hand is hard to resist and makes even the trite lyrics that accompany their forays into r&b easily forgiven. Moving from instinctive instrumentation to concise composition, Octet puts together a record of finely crafted dance tracks.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player