Octet Cash And Carry Songs
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Plain
The high-speed harpsichord and tender tenor vocals that mark Cash and Carry Songs' opening track, "Hey Bonus," are a perfect intro to the radiance of Octet's twisted-up pop. That sort of contradictory lush-minimalism is to be expected from a French electronica duo. The way Octet strums their synthesizers as if they're classical strings and manipulate their mixers with a sleight of hand is hard to resist and makes even the trite lyrics that accompany their forays into r&b easily forgiven. Moving from instinctive instrumentation to concise composition, Octet puts together a record of finely crafted dance tracks.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player