The Octopus Project One Ten Hundred Thousand Million
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Peek-A-Boo Industries
A world designed in encrypted codes and cyber architecture is just too much for some of us to handle. The Octopus Project isn‘t willing to trade their drum kid and guitar pedals for computer concertos just et and, for the most part, it‘s to their advantage The sound of One Ten Hundred Thousand Million amplifies with each track, layering trebled out keys and reverb-heavy guitars over the tick of high-hat stutters, blurring the line between the organic and synthetic with their penchant for lo-fi recording. What‘s missing is the hi-fi mixing that‘d make their style more decisive.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
XLR8R Downloads Player