The Octopus Project One Ten Hundred Thousand Million
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Peek-A-Boo Industries
A world designed in encrypted codes and cyber architecture is just too much for some of us to handle. The Octopus Project isn‘t willing to trade their drum kid and guitar pedals for computer concertos just et and, for the most part, it‘s to their advantage The sound of One Ten Hundred Thousand Million amplifies with each track, layering trebled out keys and reverb-heavy guitars over the tick of high-hat stutters, blurring the line between the organic and synthetic with their penchant for lo-fi recording. What‘s missing is the hi-fi mixing that‘d make their style more decisive.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- ReviewFantastic Mr Fox "You Turn"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
XLR8R Downloads Player