The Octopus Project One Ten Hundred Thousand Million
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Peek-A-Boo Industries
A world designed in encrypted codes and cyber architecture is just too much for some of us to handle. The Octopus Project isn‘t willing to trade their drum kid and guitar pedals for computer concertos just et and, for the most part, it‘s to their advantage The sound of One Ten Hundred Thousand Million amplifies with each track, layering trebled out keys and reverb-heavy guitars over the tick of high-hat stutters, blurring the line between the organic and synthetic with their penchant for lo-fi recording. What‘s missing is the hi-fi mixing that‘d make their style more decisive.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player