The Octopus Project One Ten Hundred Thousand Million
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Peek-A-Boo Industries
A world designed in encrypted codes and cyber architecture is just too much for some of us to handle. The Octopus Project isn‘t willing to trade their drum kid and guitar pedals for computer concertos just et and, for the most part, it‘s to their advantage The sound of One Ten Hundred Thousand Million amplifies with each track, layering trebled out keys and reverb-heavy guitars over the tick of high-hat stutters, blurring the line between the organic and synthetic with their penchant for lo-fi recording. What‘s missing is the hi-fi mixing that‘d make their style more decisive.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player