Odd Nosdam No More Wig for Ohio
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Anticon
One of the savants behind the awesome cLOUDDEAD and the awful Reaching Quiet, odd nosdam keeps his music as lowercase as his name and titles. He also makes eccentricity his guiding principle, which is why No More Wig For Ohio is hip-hop's answer to The Faust Tapes. The first half of Ohio has more in common with Faust's Dadaist collage aesthetic and the pranksterish genre-hopping of Evolution Control Committee and Nurse With Wound than with underground-hip-hop orthodoxy. It's one fucked-up trip. The disc's second half offers a surfeit of sluggish, fat funk beats soaked in hazy, Boards Of Canada-esque melodies and Dalek-like distortion.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player