Odd Nosdam No More Wig for Ohio
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Anticon
One of the savants behind the awesome cLOUDDEAD and the awful Reaching Quiet, odd nosdam keeps his music as lowercase as his name and titles. He also makes eccentricity his guiding principle, which is why No More Wig For Ohio is hip-hop's answer to The Faust Tapes. The first half of Ohio has more in common with Faust's Dadaist collage aesthetic and the pranksterish genre-hopping of Evolution Control Committee and Nurse With Wound than with underground-hip-hop orthodoxy. It's one fucked-up trip. The disc's second half offers a surfeit of sluggish, fat funk beats soaked in hazy, Boards Of Canada-esque melodies and Dalek-like distortion.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player