Odd Nosdam T.I.M.E. Soundtrack
- Words: Chris Sabbath
- Label: Anticon
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Bay Area beatician Odd Nosdam sequences fuzz-addled dimensions steeped in ambient hiss, industrial blur, and record static with boom-bapping bliss-outs galore on the T.I.M.E. Soundtrack—a custom-made score for the 2007 Element Skateboards film, This Is My Element. On tracks like “Wig Smasher” and “Root Bark,” Nosdam channels Boards of Canada, glazing bass-bursting 808s and reverb-drenched synths over a slew of choppy, mechanized percussion, while “Top Rank” finds him tapping into sounds from around the globe with its dubby bounce and Indian-inspired drones. And though most of the album’s tracks clock in under three minutes each, Nosdam stews each composition with a bevy of ingredients that’ll stick to your gums for days.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player